Idea Board

A spot to post & discuss any suggestions for the game or web site!

Idea Board

Postby Harry » August 31st, 2012, 9:07 am

Making a sticky topic for ideas to add as enhancements to the game. No promises on when, or even if, these will all make it in. But, I'll see what I can do. If you really want to see an idea make it in, let me know. With one programmer, only one thing usually gets done at a time!

* Just as a note, anything that requires additional art will probably be on hold for a bit. The art budget was pretty much spent on getting the current characters done :o

- Alternative loot system. Make an initial choice to use DKP or Guild Leader assigned loot, the later being the currently implemented system. Raiders earn a set number of points after each fight won, and then bid their points whenever loot drops. The guild leader can add or remove DKP, which will change morale.

- Add a blood lust mechanic. Needs to be balanced, but it seems like a nice idea. Maybe something for an expansion class(?)

- More classes! This runs up into the art issues, plus having to add new loot sets. It is something that I would like to do eventually, but probably on the back burner until after the game is released.

- Class "Epic" gear. Something that is difficult to get, and requires actively pursuing for a best in slot item for one character at a time. Probably be good for a future addition, with more raids to go along with it.

If you have an idea that you'd like to see added, please post it!
Last edited by Harry on September 3rd, 2012, 8:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Harry

Re: Idea Board

Postby Kenopuppy » September 1st, 2012, 4:54 pm

Just a quick idea to throw at you after playing the last couple of days. Could you add an option during the command round after turn so I could change my healers priority list? Ie, if I am fighting the 3 orcs/2 healers, and I kill one, with my MT still tanking the other two, It would be nice to be able to then change the OT's healer to make their new priority the MT now tanking 2 orcs.

I like the bloodlust idea, but it would seem hard to balance. Maybe if it was limited to 2 combat rounds?
Kenopuppy

Postby Harry » September 1st, 2012, 7:12 pm

Kenopuppy wrote:Just a quick idea to throw at you after playing the last couple of days. Could you add an option during the command round after turn so I could change my healers priority list? Ie, if I am fighting the 3 orcs/2 healers, and I kill one, with my MT still tanking the other two, It would be nice to be able to then change the OT's healer to make their new priority the MT now tanking 2 orcs.

I like the bloodlust idea, but it would seem hard to balance. Maybe if it was limited to 2 combat rounds?

Thanks for the suggestion! There was originally a command like that, but it was cut earlier. Healer's are somewhat intelligent, and will eventually realize that their target has stopped taking damage and switch to someone else that is. Typically we found that OMG Heal! was the only healer command being highly utilized in that sort of situation, to make sure that healers switched immediately, instead of waiting for them to figure it out. Granted, if there ends up being decent demand for this feature I'd be happy to add it back in.
Harry

Postby Kenopuppy » September 2nd, 2012, 11:22 am

One more quick thought. I used to play Everquest a lot back in the day. It might be really fun to create a archetype epic quest/weapon. One for melee, healers, and casters. A quest line that involves a guild raid, and you would have to proceed and kill X amount of raid mobs that have no loot, then fight and kill the final boss for the single epic item. So the downside is that you don't get any loot from the bosses prior to the end boss, but then that end boss will drop 1 epic item.

I haven't overly thought this through lol. I realize that would be a massive amount of work on you and your teams part. But I thought it might be kind of interesting.
Kenopuppy

Postby Harry » September 3rd, 2012, 8:17 am

It is a cool idea :) I also played a lot of EQ back in the day, and I do appreciate the concept of epic gear. It would be a lot of content to add, but I'll toss it onto the top post as something to keep in mind for future expansions!
Harry

Postby Ile » December 15th, 2014, 2:47 pm

Just had a boss drop 3 Swinging Censers, and nothing else. Possible to change so that bosses don't drop duplicates?
Ile

Postby Kinkachuu » September 10th, 2015, 10:03 pm

Bards have mana but don't seem to use it at all, the songs they perform at the start of each turn- could they possibly be something that could take mana to use?
The reason I ask this is because the Spanish Guitar has a higher item level than the Sharp Blade if only because it grants more mana- but the Sharp Blade has more DPS, so at the moment there doesn't seem a reason to take mana items for bards.

So maybe their boosting melodies could cost mana? Just a thought c:
Kinkachuu

Return to Suggestions